Skål Club of the Year
Skål International, with more than 12703 members, entailing of industry’s Managers and Executives, meet at Local, National, Regional and International levels to do business among friends throughout more than 335 Skål Clubs along 100 countries.
Skål International annually convenes the Skål International Club of the Year Award, aimed at public recognition of those clubs that have stood out for their activity inside and outside the organisation, as well as for their work under the values of Skål International.
The Skål International Club of the Year Award will be governed by the following rules:
All Skål Clubs worldwide that meet all the requirements listed below. Headquarters will carry on a thorough revision to determine the eligible Clubs each year, who will be invited to participate in the Skål Club of the Year Award.
1. Payment of annual membership fees made by the Club by 28 February.
2. Net increase of 10% in membership or a minimum of 10 new members for Clubs with more than 100 members (from 1 April 2020 to 30 April of current year).
3. Voting delegate at two Skål International Annual General Assemblies in the past five years.
4. Contribution to the Florimond Volckaert Fund or the Membership Development Fund, through donations or vouchers for the Raffle or Silent Auction (from 1 January 2020 to 30 April of current year).
5. That the Club has a website for external communications. We recommend Clubs to add their website on the Dashboard.
6. That the Club is active in at least one social media platform such as Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
The eligible Clubs will be invited to produce a maximum 2:30 minute video outlining their achievements, initiatives to recruit their membership, promote the Skål brand or their charity, sustainable or other activities undertaken from 1 January to 31 December 2020. The videos must be received at Headquarters not later than 31 July 2021.
All Clubs worldwide will be invited to vote electronically for the Club they consider should be declared the winner.
Clubs will be allowed to vote for a Club in their own country.
Clubs with less than ten members or with outstanding debts will not be allowed to vote.
Senior Vice President Burcin Turkkan, Vice President Fiona Nicholl, and Senior Director Juan Ignacio Steta will make up a panel of judges representing the Executive Board. Each of them will vote individually. Suppose a Club from a country of one of the jury members is among the Clubs nominated to compete. In that case, another member of the Executive Board will deputize in order of seniority.
The Club getting the highest combined score will be declared ‘Skål Club of the Year 2020/2021'.
Following cancellation of the Skål World Congress where the winner was going to be announced, the date of the announcement is still to be determined. The winner will receive a certificate valid for a free Double Congress registration in First Class for the next Skål World Congress, airfare excluded.
Timeline 2021 Skål Club of the Year
(Subject to the Skål World Congress celebration)
Eligible Clubs are invited to participate
Deadline for submission of videos to Headquarters
15 august at 0:00
to 14 september AT 23:45 CET
Online voting period by Clubs worldwide
Official announcement of the winner